Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Right to Bear Arms

The Right to Bear Arms

A friend of mine, Jim Rogers, posted somthing on Facebook about "the Right to Bear Arms" and then talks about shoelaces.  Now, I don't know what shoelaces have to do with the price of tea in China, but, I'm 61 years old, and been runnin' around every pig path North of the James River for all that time, and ain't nobody from the government offered me no free bear arms in all that time.  I been faithfully payin' my taxes and everything, but ain't nobody said "boo".  My wife and son's ain't seen squat from the government either and they are all here legally too.  It's supposed to be a right we have from the second amendment, sure as God made the night dark.  Now, I've never eaten bear arms, but I'm willing to try if someone from the government will show me how to skin 'em just once.  Donald keeps promising us that he is going to protect the second amendment, while Hillary keeps promising to abolish it, along with the coal industry.  I don't know about you, but free bear arms and cheap coal are better than no free bear arms and no coal.  I can't stand either one of those politicians but from where I'm standin', cheap coal and free bear arms are better than none.  Maybe it's like the French benefits I keep hearing about all my life.  At every new job I start, somebody from the HR department tells me about how good the French benefits are, but in all my years, I ain't never seen no check from the French government either.  Maybe they send that money to somebody else.  I'm sure I would've known the check was from France, because I think they would write the check out in French numbers and letters.  I guess we borrow French money or something, or don't qualify unless we hit some kind of quota at each company.  Anyway, I ain't never seen neither one.  If anyone from Facebook has gotten their free bear arms, please let me know how to do it.  Even if I don't like the taste, I can make necklaces with the claws like the old guy in "Jeremiah Johnson".

No comments:

Post a Comment